iOS Device Enrollment using Intelligent Hub
In this section, we are going to enroll an iOS device. The upcoming steps will need to be completed from an iOS device.
1. Download and Install Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub from App Store (IF NEEDED)
NOTE: Checked out devices will likely have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub already installed. You may skip this step if your device has the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub installed.
At this point, if you are using your own iOS device or if the device you are using does NOT have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Application installed, then install the application from the App Store.
To Install the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application from the App Store, open the App Store application and download the free Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application.
2. Launching the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
Launch the Hub app on the device.
NOTE: If you have your own iOS device and would like to test you will need to download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app first.
3. Enter the Server URL
Once the Hub has launched you can enroll the device. To do so, follow the below steps.
ds1193.awmdm.comfor the Server field.
- Tap the Next button.
NOTE: If on an iPhone, you may have to close the keyboard by clicking Done in order to click the Continue button.
4. Find your Group ID in the Workspace ONE UEM Console
Return to the Workspace ONE UEM Console,
- To find the Group ID, hover your mouse over the Organization Group tab at the top of the screen. Look for the email address you used to log in to the lab portal.
- Your Group ID is displayed at the bottom of the Organization Group pop up.
NOTE: The Group ID is required when enrolling your device in the following steps.
5. Attach the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to your Sandbox
Return to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application on your iOS Device,
- Enter your Group ID for your Organization Group for the Group ID field. Your Group ID was noted previously in the Finding your Group ID step.
- Tap the Next button.
NOTE: If on an iPhone, you may have to close the keyboard by clicking Done in order to click the Next button.
6. Enter User Credentials
You will now provide user credentials to authenticate.
- Notice that the new branding icon that was uploaded is visible when enrolling the device
- Enter the username as
- Tap the Next button
6.1. Authenticate with Workspace ONE Access
The Source of Authentication settings in Workspace ONE UEM were changed to use Workspace ONE Access to authenticate users. Due to this change, the user will now authenticate with the access policies that were configured in Workspace ONE Access for this basic user account.
- Enter the password for the testuser account, which is
- Click Sign In
7. Redirect to Safari and Enable MDM Enrollment in Settings
The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub will show a privacy message detailing what is collected and what is not collected from the device.
The next step is to download the configuration profile to enroll your device into Workspace ONE UEM.
Tap Next to begin.
7.1. Allow Website to Open Settings
When prompted that the website is trying to download a configuration profile, tap Allow.
7.2. Close Profile Downloaded Notification
When the Profile Downloaded notification is displayed, click Close. You will need to navigate to the Settings app to continue installing the downloaded profile.
8. Navigate to Settings
Return to the device springboard and then tap the Settings app.
8.1. Open the Downloaded Profile
Tap the Profile Downloaded tab at the top of the Settings menu.
8.2. Install the Workspace ONE MDM Profile
- Tap Install in the upper right corner of the Install Profile dialog box.
- Tap Install for the pop-up prompt to confirm.
8.3. Enter the Device Passcode (IF NEEDED)
If your device has a passcode, enter it to continue with the profile installation.
8.4. iOS MDM Profile Warning
You should now see the iOS Profile Installation warning explaining what this profile installation will allow on the iOS device.
Tap Install in the upper-right corner of the screen.
8.5. Trust the Remote Management Profile.
You should now see the iOS request to trust the source of the MDM profile.
Tap Trust when prompted at the Remote Management dialog.
8.6. iOS Profile Installation Complete
You should now see that the iOS Profile was successfully installed.
Tap Done in the upper right corner of the prompt.
9. Navigate to Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
Your enrollment is now completed! Return to the device springboard and tap the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app.
9.1. Accept the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Notice
Tap Done to confirm the notice and continue.
9.2. Accept Notifications for Hub (IF NEEDED)
Tap Allow if you get a prompt to allow notifications for the Hub app.
9.3. Skip the Introduction