Create a Device Restriction Profile
In this section, we will create a restriction profile that will disable the camera on the device. We will set the profile for auto-deployment, so that the profile to disable the camera will install automatically when the device is enrolled.
1. Add A Profile
In the top right corner of the Workspace ONE UEM console,
- Click Add.
- Click Profile.
2. Select Platform as Apple iOS
Click Apple iOS.
3. Configure General Payload
- Select General if not selected already
iOS Restriction Profilefor the Name field
- Ensure the Assignment Type is Auto
- Click the Smart Groups dropdown field and select All Devices ([email protected])
4. Configure Restriction Payload
- Click on the Restrictions payload in the left panel.
- Click Configure.
5. Disable Allow use of camera
- Scroll down about a page under the Device Functionality section to find the Allow Siri option.
- Uncheck the Allow Siri checkbox to disable the use of Siri on the device.
- Take note of the iOS version and Supervised requirements for each restriction. The target device receiving this restriction must on the listed iOS version or higher (ie: iOS 5) and must be Supervised if the Supervised tag is also shown.
- Click Save & Publish.
NOTE: Supervised devices give schools and business greater control over iOS device that they own. Supervising devices allows administrators additional device restrictions that are not possible with Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios to respect end user privacy.
7. Validate profile creation
- Click Devices.
- Expand Profiles & Resources.
- Click Profiles.
- Validate that you see iOS Restriction Profile in the Profiles List View.