Activate Hub Services
The activation flow for Hub Services depends on whether you are a new customer or an existing customer.
1. New Customers to Workspace ONE
New cloud customers who purchased Workspace ONE after January 2019 have Hub Services activated automatically as part of the instance provisioning process. Workspace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Access (formerly, VMware Identity Manager), and Hub Services consoles are connected together, and the Hub catalog is enabled for the Intelligent Hub app.
2. Existing Cloud Workspace ONE UEM Customers
Existing customers can configure Workspace ONE Access (formerly, VMware Identity Manager) tenant URL, tenant admin username and password to activate Hub Services. If you do not have a Workspace ONE Access tenant, you can request one from Workspace ONE UEM console itself, using the button Request a Cloud Tenant.
For this lab, we have already provided you a Workspace ONE Access tenant which we will use in the next step to active Hub Services.
3. Accessing Your Tenant Details in the Workspace ONE UEM Console
A temporary Workspace ONE Access tenant has been generated for you to use throughout this lab. The Workspace ONE Access tenant URL and login details were uploaded to the Content section in the Workspace ONE UEM Console at the start of the lab.
In the Workspace ONE UEM Console:
- Click Content
- Expand Content Locker
- Click List View
- Find the text file named
vIDM Tenant Details for [email protected]and click the checkbox beside it to select the file
- Click Download
3.1. Open the Downloaded Text File
After the file downloads, click the vIDM Tenant Details for [email protected] file from the download bar to open it.
3.2. Copy the Tenant URL
- Select the Tenant URL text and right-click
- Click Copy
NOTE: Your tenant name will match your Group ID in the Workspace ONE UEM Console.
4. Navigate to Workspace ONE Hub Services
- In the top right corner, click the My Services button
- Click on Workspace ONE Hub Services
6. Activate Hub Services
- Right-click in the Tenant URL field and click Paste
- Ensure that you have entered the URL from the notepad file you downloaded in the earlier step. If the clipboard is blank or carrying some other value, go back and copy the tenant URL from the notepad file you downloaded earlier.
Administratorfor the username
VMware1!for the password
- Click Test Connection
- Ensure that the the success message Test Connection Successful! is displayed
- Click Save to continue