This section is designed to walk you through the process of approving applications for integration between Workspace ONE UEM and Android Enterprise. Applications that you push through the integration of Workspace ONE UEM and Android Enterprise have the same functionality as their counterparts from the Google Play Store. However, you can use Workspace ONE UEM features to add functionality and security to these applications.
- To add convenience of use, configure the Send Application Configuration option. Application configurations allow you to pre-configure supported key-value pairs and to push them down to devices along with the application. Examples of supported values may include usernames, passwords, and VPN settings. Support values depends upon the application.
- To add secure features, use Workspace ONE UEM profiles for Android Enterprise. Profiles allow you to set passcodes, apply restrictions, and use certificates for authentication.
1. Add Public Application
In the Workspace ONE UEM Console,
- Select Add
- Select Public Application
1.1. Search for Public Application
- Select Android from the Platform drop-down menu
- Select Search App Store for the Source
Workspace ONE Webin the Name text box
- Click Next
1.2. Select the Workspace ONE Web App
Click the Web - Workspace ONE app.
1.3. Selecting and Approving Apps
- Notice that the application is already marked as Approved. This is because the Android EMM Registration settings were configured at a parent level organization group and your organization group is inheriting these settings. Apps only need to be approved once, which has already been done for you.
- Click Select to proceed.
Continue to the next step, or view the below steps to see the necessary approval steps for a new app.
IMPORTANT: The below steps are purely informative and can be skipped if desired. They are included to show the approval process for new applications.
- Click Approve for the desired app.
- Scroll through the list of items the app has access to.
- Click Approve.
- Review and select how you would like to handle new app permission requests. This allows you to choose between a manual approval or automatic approval if the app requests new permissions in the future from what we were displayed on the previous screen.
- Click Save.
This process would then return the administrator to the first step in this process, allowing them to click Select and continue adding the desired app.
2. Publish Public App
Click Save & Assign.
2.1. Add Assignment Distribution
All Devicesfor the distribution Name
- Click in the Assignment Groups field
- Select the All Devices ([email protected]) group