Uploading and Deploying RDSH Servers
Horizon Cloud Published Applications simplifies managing line-of-business applications and allows the delivery of Windows applications to non-Windows devices. This strategy can reduce CapEx and OpEx costs by minimizing installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting. With a VMware implementation, end users launch VMware Horizon Client or the HTML Access web client and then log in to the server that brokers connections to the published applications. Users see a catalog of published applications and session-based or single-user virtual desktops, if desktops have been configured.
With published applications, you install applications on servers with the RDSH role and entitle the applications to users through the Horizon Cloud Administration Console. After applications are authenticated to Horizon Cloud, users can launch an application, save files, and use network resources from a remote RDSH server, just as if the users had the application installed on their local computer, tablet, or phone.
1 Navigate to the Imported VMs
- In the Horizon Cloud Administration Console, select Inventory.
- In the Inventory menu, click Imported VMs.
2 Select the Pre-Populated VM
- Select the check box of the pre-populated VM in the optimized image provided in the tenant.
- If you do not have an image, contact your VMware representative to request one.
3 Power On
- In the Imported VMs window, click More.
- In the More menu, select Power On.
4 Convert to Image
- Still in the More menu, select Convert to Image.
5 Verify that OS Properties Is Disabled
- On the New Image page, make sure that OS Properties is set to NO.
6 Provide OS Properties Parameters
- In the OS Properties fields, provide the information for the other OS properties.
- In the Admin credentials for the desktop fields, provide the username and password.
- In the lower right, click Publish.
7 Verify the Publication
- In the navigation bar, select Inventory.
- In the Inventory menu, click Images.
- In the Status column, verify that the image is published.
- If necessary, click Refresh in the upper right to update the window and see the most current conversion status.
For more information, see the Uploading and Deploying RDSH Hosts in Horizon Cloud video.
After you finish uploading and deploying RDSH hosts in Horizon Cloud, proceed to the next exercise to create a desktop assignment.