Accessing an AppStacks Application to Verify Success
You can verify that you properly assigned an AppStacks (native) application and provisioned a desktop by launching the desktop and accessing the application in Horizon Cloud as a user would.
1 Launch the Horizon Client
- On the desktop, click the VMware Horizon Client icon to launch it.
2 Log In
- Log in to the Horizon Cloud client.
3 Select the Newly Provisioned Desktop
- From the available applications and desktops, click the desktop you just provisioned, and wait for the desktop connection to launch and Horizon Cloud to attach the application to the desktop.
4 Verify the Application is Displayed
- Verify that the application icon is displayed.
6 Launch the Application
- Launch the application to verify that it opens.
- Explore the application features to verify that it works properly.
- When you are ready to exit, navigate to the upper left and select Options.
- Click Disconnect and Log Off.
8 Confirm the Log Off
- In the Horizon Client prompt, click OK to confirm that you want to disconnect and log off.
After launching the desktop and accessing the application, proceed to the next exercise to use Horizon Cloud to deliver remote applications.