Introduction to Integration with Workspace One
VMware Identity Manager, optimized with VMware AirWatch® Conditional Access, delivers one-touch access to nearly any application from any device. At the same time, VMware Identity Manager provides you a central place to manage access policies and user provisioning with enterprise-class directory integration, identity federation, and user analytics. Components of VMware Identity Manager include the VMware Workspace™ ONE™ portal, AirWatch Directory integration, access policy integration, and Horizon Cloud integration.
VMware Identity Manager includes the following key benefits:
- Promotes productivity by removing traditional barriers to mobility, such as complex passwords, multiple configuration steps, traditional VPNs, and tokens
- Increases security by optimizing authentication for each device type rather than the lowest common denominator
- Frees businesses to roll out new software-as-a-service (SaaS) and mobile apps immediately to address changing business processes and customer engagements while maintaining a single point of user entitlement and license monitoring
- Simplifies IT maintenance by leveraging existing directory infrastructure and extending to SaaS and mobile applications with automated provisioning, utilization reporting, and conditional access policies
- For more information, see VMware Identity Manager.
You can explore the benefits of integrating VMware Identity Manager and Horizon Cloud in the following exercises:
- Setting up VMware Identity Manager within Horizon Cloud
- Creating the Federation Artifact
- Configuring Horizon Cloud for Integration
- Accessing a Horizon Cloud Desktop from VMware Identity Manager
- Accessing an Application from VMware Identity Manager