Defining an Agent
Infrastructure includes file shares that are used to import data into Horizon Cloud from your environment. You can choose between the following two different types of file shares:
- Application/Images: Stores AppStacks created by App Volumes.
- Agents: Houses agent software updates. After you define the location, the agent is available on the Assignments page.
When you define a file share as an agent, you must name the folder agentFiles. (Unlike Agent shares, you can give Applications/Images shares any name.) You must house the file share on the utility VM, which performs functions within the tenant and helps avoid latency issues.
1 Navigate to Infrastructure
- In the Horizon Cloud Administration Console, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click Infrastructure.
- On the Infrastructure page, click New.
2 Enter the New File Share Information
- In the New File Share page, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter the name of the file share.
- Domain: Select the domain of the file share from the drop-down list.
- Username: Enter the username of the file share administrator.
- Password: Enter the administrator password for the file share.
Type: Select the type of file share from the drop-down menu:
- Agents: Used to import agent software updates only
- Applications/Images: Used to import AppStacks
- Source Path: Enter the network path to the file share.
- Click Save.
3 Confirm Status
- Verify that the Agents share is now listed with a status of green.
After using the Locations options to define an agent, proceed to the next exercise to change the default view upon start up.