Setting Up VMware Identity Manager with Horizon Cloud
You can enable Horizon Cloud desktops and applications in VMware Identity Manager by configuring the cloud-based version of VMware Identity Manager with Horizon Cloud with Hosted Infrastructure. It is assumed that you already have a VMware Identity Manager deployment set up with users and groups synchronized with your Active Directory.
1 Log In to VMware Identity Manager
- Log in to VMware Identity Manager using your Active Directory domain.
2 Switch to the Administration Console
- In the upper right corner, click the person icon.
- Select Administration Console from the drop-down menu.
3 Navigate to the Virtual Apps Catalog
- In the VMware Identity Manager Administration Console, select Catalog.
- In the drop-down menu, click Virtual Apps.
4 Navigate to Virtual App Configuration
- In the Virtual Apps window, select Virtual App Configuration in the upper row.
5 Select Horizon Cloud
- In the Virtual App Configuration window, click Add Virtual Apps.
- In the drop-down menu, click Horizon Cloud.
6 Provide Initial Horizon Cloud Parameters
- In the Horizon Cloud window, provide the following parameters:
- Name: Enter a friendly name for the virtual applications.
- Sync Connectors: Select from the drop-down menu, or Add Connector.
- In the Tenants pane, click Add Tenant.
7 Provide Tenant Parameters
- Scroll down the Horizon Cloud window to the Tenants pane.
- Provide the following information:
- Tenant Host: Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the Horizon Cloud Tenant URL.
- Tenant Port: Accept the default port of 443.
- Admin User: Enter the username of the tenant host.
- Admin Password: Enter the password for the tenant administrator account.
- Admin Domain: Enter the Active Directory NETBIOS domain name where the tenant administrator resides.
- Domains to Sync: Enter the Active Directory NETBIOS domain names for synchronizing Horizon Cloud resources and entitlements.
- Assertion Consumer Service URL: Enter the IP address or hostname of the Horizon Cloud tenant, such as https://example.url.com.
- True SSO enabled on Horizon Cloud: Check the check box if True SSO is enabled for this Horizon Cloud tenant.
8 Provide Custom ID Mapping Parameters
- Scroll to the bottom of the Horizon Cloud window, and provide the Custom ID Mapping:
- Name ID Format
- Name ID Value
- Provide the following additional parameters:
- Default Launch Client
- Sync Frequency
- Activation Policy
- Click Save.
When the parameters are saved and the operation is completed, proceed to the next exercise to configure the Federation Artifact.