Checking Desktop Capacity Allocation
Before you assign a desktop to a user or group, check the capacity allocation on the Dashboard page. The Dashboard provides information about your environment, including notifications, activities, and reports.
1 Navigate to the Dashboard
- In the Horizon Cloud Administration Console, select Monitor.
- In the Monitor menu, click Dashboard.
- In the Capacity window, see the percentage currently allocated.
2 Hover to Change the Display
- Hover over the Capacity window, which changes the display.
- Click More to see more details.
3 View Desktop Capacity Allocation Details
- In the Desktop Model section, note the amount used so that you can compare after assigning the desktop. In this example, 232 units of capacity are remaining.
- Hover over each section to see details such as memory and CPU.
For information about the capacity model, see Service Description: VMware Horizon Cloud Service with Hosted Infrastructure.
After checking the Desktop Capacity Allocation, proceed to the next exercise to assign the desktop and see how the numbers are affected.