Enrolling Your Windows 10 Device
Next, enroll your Windows 10 device in Workspace ONE UEM. First, download the Workspace ONE UEM Agent.
1. Download the Agent on the Windows 10 VM
From a new tab in the browser, if not opened already,
https://www.awagent.comin the navigation bar and press Enter.
- Click Download.
NOTE: Please wait while the Agent installer finishes downloading.
- Click Keep when warned about the AirWatchAgent.msi download.
NOTE: If you do not see the warning about the
AirWatchAgent.msi file, skip this and continue to the next step.
2. Launch the Agent Installer
Click the AirWatchAgent.msi file in your download bar.
NOTE : The installer may take a few seconds to launch, please be patient after clicking the
3. Click Run
Click Run to proceed with the installation.
3.1. Accept the Default Install Location
Leave the default install location and click Next.
NOTE - The Next button may take several seconds to enable while the required additional features are installed.
3.2. Accept the License Agreement
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Click Next.
3.3. Start the Agent Install
Click Install to start the installer.
3.4. Complete the Agent Installer
Click Finish to complete the Agent installer.
NOTE: After clicking finish, the Native Enrollment application will launch to guide you through enrolling into Workspace ONE UEM. It will take around 45-60 seconds to launch the agent.
4. Enroll Your Windows 10 Device Using the Agent
Click Server Detail.
4.1. Find your Group ID from Workspace ONE UEM Console
- To find the Group ID, hover your mouse over the Organization Group tab at the top of the screen. Look for the email address you used to log in to the lab portal.
- Your Group ID is displayed at the bottom of the Organization Group pop up.
NOTE: The Group ID is required when enrolling your device in the following steps.
4.2. Enter the Server Details
- Enter Your Group ID for the Group ID field. If you forgot your Group ID, check the previous steps on how to retrieve it.
4.3. Enter Your User Credentials
aduserin the Username field.
VMware1!in the Password field.
- Click Next
NOTE - Wait while the server checks your enrollment details.
4.4. Workspace ONE Application Launch
Since our Workspace ONE UEM and VMware Identity Manager environments are linked for this environment, the Workspace ONE Application may automatically open after enrollment is complete. You will not need it for this exercise, so click Close.
4.5. Finish the AirWatch Enrollment Process
Click Finish to end the Enrollment process. Your Windows 10 device is now successfully enrolled into Workspace ONE UEM.