iOS Device Enrollment using basicuser
In this section, we are going to enroll an iOS device. The upcoming steps will need to be completed from an iOS device.
1. Download and Install Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub from App Store (IF NEEDED)
NOTE - Checked out devices will likely have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub already installed. You may skip this step if your device has the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub installed.
At this point, if you are using your own iOS device or if the device you are using does NOT have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Application installed, then install the application from the App Store.
To Install the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application from the App Store, open the App Store application and download the free Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application.
2. Launching the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
Launch the Hub app on the device.
NOTE - If you have your own iOS device and would like to test you will need to download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app first.
3. Enter the Server URL
labs.awmdm.comfor the Server URL.
- Click Next.
Click on the Server Details button.
4. Find Your Group ID From the Workspace ONE UEM Console
Return to the Workspace ONE UEM Console,
- To find the Group ID, hover your mouse over the Organization Group tab at the top of the screen. Look for the email address you used to log in to the lab portal.
- Your Group ID is displayed at the bottom of the Organization Group pop up.
NOTE - The Group ID is required when enrolling your device in the following steps.
5. Attach the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to the HOL Sandbox
Return to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application on your iOS Device,
- Enter your Group ID for your Organization Group for the Group ID field. Your Group ID was noted previously in the Finding your Group ID step.
- Tap the Next button.
NOTE - If on an iPhone, you may have to close the keyboard by clicking Done in order to click the Next button.
6. Enter User Credentials
You will now provide user credentials to authenticate to Workspace ONE UEM.
basicuserin the Username field.
VMware1!in the Password field.
- Tap the Next button.
7. Redirect to Safari and Enable MDM Enrollment in Settings
The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub will prompt you to enable Workspace Services to enroll your device into Workspace ONE UEM.
Tap Next to begin.
8. Allow Website to Open Settings (IF NEEDED)
If you prompted to allow the website to open Settings to show you a configuration profile, tap Allow.
NOTE - If you do not see this prompt, ignore this and continue to the next step. This prompt will only occur for iOS Devices on iOS 10.3.3 or later
9. Install the Workspace ONE MDM Profile
Tap Install in the upper right corner of the Install Profile dialog box.
10. Enter Device Passcode (IF NEEDED)
If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
If you do NOT receive this prompt, continue to the next step.
11. Install and Verify the Workspace ONE MDM Profile
Tap Install when prompted at the Install Profile dialog.
12. iOS MDM Profile Warning
You should now see the iOS Profile Installation warning explaining what this profile installation will allow on the iOS device.
Tap Install in the upper-right corner of the screen.
13. Trust the Remote Management Profile.
You should now see the iOS request to trust the source of the MDM profile.
Tap Trust when prompted at the Remote Management dialog.
14. iOS Profile Installation Complete
You should now see that the iOS Profile was successfully installed.
Tap Done in the upper right corner of the prompt.
15. Workspace ONE UEM Enrollment Success
Your enrollment is now completed! Tap Open to navigate to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
16. Accept the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Notice
Tap Done to confirm the notice and continue.
17. Accept Notifications for Hub (IF NEEDED)
Tap Allow if you get a prompt to allow notifications for the Hub app.
18. Accept the App Installation (IF NEEDED)
You may be prompted to install a series of applications depending on which Module you are taking. If prompted, tap Install to accept the application installation.
20. Accept the Data Sharing Policy
Tap I Agree for the Data Sharing policy.
21. Confirm the Device Enrollment in the Hub App
Confirm that the Hub app shows the user account that you enrolled with.
You have now successfully enrolled your iOS device with Workspace ONE UEM! Continue to the next step.