Enrolling an iOS Device
In this section, enroll your iOS device in Workspace ONE UEM by installing the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub (formerly the AirWatch Agent). A Group ID is required to complete enrollment. See Retrieving Your Group ID from the Workspace ONE UEM Console.
1. Download and Install Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub from App Store (IF NEEDED)
Note: Checked out devices will likely have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub already installed. You may skip this step if your device has the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub installed.
At this point, if you are using your own iOS device or if the device you are using does not have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Application installed, then install the application from the App Store.
To install the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application from the App Store, open the App Store application and download the free Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application.
2. Launch the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
Launch the Hub app on the device.
3. Enter the Server URL
- Enter the Server URL
for your Workspace ONE UEM environment.
- Click Next.
Click the Server Details button.
4. Enter the Group ID for Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
Return to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application on your iOS Device,
- Enter your Group ID for your Organization Group for the Group ID field.
- Tap the Next button.
Note: On an iPhone, you may have to close the keyboard by clicking Done to click the Next button.
5. Enter User Credentials
You now provide user credentials to authenticate to Workspace ONE UEM.
- Enter the Username, for example,
- Enter the Password, for exmaple,
- Tap Next.
6. Redirect to Safari and Enable MDM Enrollment in Settings
The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub prompts you to enable Workspace Services to enroll your device into Workspace ONE UEM.
Tap Next to begin.
7. Allow Website to Open Settings (IF NEEDED)
If you are prompted to allow the website to open Settings, tap Allow.
Note: If you do not see this prompt, ignore this and continue to the next step. This prompt occurs only for iOS devices on iOS 10.3.3 or later.
8. Install the Workspace ONE MDM Profile
Tap Install in the upper-right corner of the Install Profile dialog box.
9. Install and Verify the Workspace ONE MDM Profile
Tap Install when prompted on the Install Profile dialog.
10. iOS MDM Profile Warning
You should now see the iOS Profile Installation warning explaining what this profile installation will allow on the iOS device.
Tap Install in the upper-right corner of the screen.
11. Trust the Remote Management Profile.
You should now see the iOS request to trust the source of the MDM profile.
Tap Trust when prompted at the Remote Management dialog.
12. iOS Profile Installation Complete
You should now see that the iOS Profile was successfully installed.
Tap Done in the upper-right corner of the prompt.
13. Workspace ONE UEM Enrollment Success
Your enrollment is now complete. Tap Open to navigate to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
14. Accept the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Notice
Tap Done to confirm the notice and continue.
15. Accept Notifications for Hub (IF NEEDED)
Tap Allow if you get a prompt to allow notifications for the Hub app.
16. Accept the App Installation (IF NEEDED)
You may be prompted to install a series of applications. If prompted, tap Install to accept the application installation.
18. Accept the Data Sharing Policy
Tap I Agree for the Data Sharing policy.
19. Confirm the Device Enrollment in the Hub App
Confirm that the Hub app shows the user account that you enrolled with.
You have now successfully enrolled your iOS device with Workspace ONE UEM. Continue to the next step.