iOS Device Enrollment using basicuser
In this section, we are going to enroll an iOS device to complete the steps on the device side.
1. Download/Install AirWatch MDM Agent Application from App Store - IF NEEDED
NOTE - Checked out devices will likely have the AirWatch MDM Agent already installed. You may skip this step if your device has the AirWatch MDM agent installed.
At this point, if using your own iOS device or if the device you are using does NOT have the AirWatch MDM Agent Application installed, then install the AirWatch Application.
To Install the AirWatch MDM Agent application from the App Store, open the App Store application and download the free AirWatch MDM Agent application.
2. Launching the AirWatch MDM Agent
Launch the AirWatch Agent app on the device.
NOTE - If you have your own iOS device and would like to test you will need to download the agent first.
3. Choose the Enrollment Method
Click on the Server Details button.
4. Find your Group ID from AirWatch Console
- To find the Group ID, hover your mouse over the Organization Group tab at the top of the screen. Look for the email address you used to log in to the lab portal.
- Your Group ID is displayed at the bottom of the Organization Group pop up.
NOTE - The Group ID is required when enrolling your device in the following steps.
5. Attach the AirWatch MDM Agent to the HOL Sandbox
Once the Agent has launched you can enroll the device. To do so, follow the below steps.
- Enter "hol.awmdm.com" for the Server field.
- Enter your Group ID for your Organization Group for the Group ID field. Your Group ID was noted previously in the Finding your Group ID step.
- Tap the Go button.
NOTE - If on an iPhone, you may have to close the keyboard by clicking Done in order to click the Continue button.
6. Authenticate the AirWatch MDM Agent
On this screen, enter the Username and Password for the basic user account.
- Enter "basicuser" in the Username field.
- Enter "VMware1!" in the Password field.
- Tap the Go button.
7. Redirect to Safari and Enable MDM Enrollment in Settings
The AirWatch Agent will now redirect you to Safari and start the process of enabling MDM in the device settings.
Tap on Redirect & Enable at the bottom of the screen.
8. Allow Website to Open Settings (IF NEEDED)
If you prompted to allow the website to open Settings to show you a configuration profile, tap Allow.
NOTE - If you do not see this prompt, ignore this and continue to the next step. This prompt will only occur for iOS Devices on iOS 10.3.3 or later
9. Install the MDM Profile
Tap Install in the upper right corner of the Install Profile dialog box.
10. Install and Verify the AirWatch MDM Profile
Tap Install when prompted at the Install Profile dialog.
NOTE - If a PIN is requested, it is the current device PIN. Provided VMware devices should not have a PIN.
11. iOS MDM Profile Warning
You should now see the iOS Profile Installation warning explaining what this profile installation will allow on the iOS device.
Tap Install in the upper-right corner of the screen.
12. Trust the Remote Management Profile.
You should now see the iOS request to trust the source of the MDM profile.
Tap Trust when prompted at the Remote Management dialog.
13. iOS Profile Installation Complete
You should now see the iOS Profile successfully installed.
Tap Done in the upper right corner of the prompt.
14. AirWatch Enrollment Success
Your enrollment is now completed. Tap Open to navigate to the AirWatch Agent.
15. Accept the Authentication Complete Prompt
Click on Done to continue.
16. Accept Notification Prompt (IF NEEDED)
Tap Allow if you get a prompt for Notifications.
17. Accept the App Installation (IF NEEDED)
You may be prompted to install a series of applications depending on which Module you are taking. If prompted, tap Install to accept the application installation.