Setting up Content Repository
In order to allow end-users to access Corporate File Servers from their devices and keep those files synchronized, IT Administrators need to configure an Admin Repository, an Automatic User-Added Repository, or a Manual User-Added repository. The available configurations impact the "trigger" that initiates the syncing of content to devices.
Workspace ONE UEM supports integration with various corporate file servers. The syncing method support and requirement of the Content Gateway component vary by repository type.
Review the available syncing methods for repositories:
- Admin Refers to a repository that gets fully configured and synced by an administrator in the UEM console.
- Automatic Refers to a repository that gets configured by an administrator in the UEM console, but gets synced by end users on their devices.
- Manual Refers to a repository that gets configured in the UEM console, but relies on the end user to add the link manually and sync the repository on their device.
In this section you will learn how to add a Network File Share as Admin Repository and make that available to end users through Content Locker app.
1. Adding Content Repository
Return to the Workspace ONE UEM Console,
- Click Content.
- Click Repositories.
- Click Admin Repositories.
- Click Add.
2. Defining Content Repository Details
Corp Filesfor Name.
- Select Network Share for the Type.
\\intranet.corp.local\Corp Filesfor Link.
- Select Exercise 02 for the Organization Group.
3. Define Content Repository Authentication
- Select User for the Authentication Type.
corp\administratorfor the Username.
VMware1!for the Password.
- Select Content Gateway on UAG (Exercise 02) for the target Content Gateway. Access to this internal repository will go through the Content Gateway on UAG that you setup prior to this step in the Exercise 02 organization group.
- Click Continue.
4. Save Content Repository
5. View Corporate File Servers
- Click Content.
- Click Content Locker.
- Click List View.
- Click Corporate File Servers.
- Click Show Repositories to expose the Corp Files repository you just added.
6. Navigating through Corporate File Servers
- Click to expand the Corp Files folder.
- Click to expand the Corp Files subfolder.
- Click the IT folder.
- If you do not see two files already loaded, click Sync Current Folder.
- Confirm that you see the two available files for this folder.
On the Installed/Assigned column, you can identify how many devices have access to the files now. Clicking on the Installed/Assigned quantity will display a list of each device that has access to that file.
7. Editing Corporate Folder properties
Even all the security configurations on the network file share that you just configured, Workspace ONE UEM allows you to setup a new layer of security for the content on the mobile devices.
Workspace ONE UEM allows you to setup additional layers of security for synced content on the mobile device in addition to the base configurations of the network file share repository that you configured earlier.
- Navigate back to the Corp Files folder above the IT folder.
- Click Edit for the IT folder.
8. Configuring Security Properties for Corporate Folder
As you can see there are a number of configurations that you can apply to increase security of the asset on the mobile devices. At this time you are editing the security for the IT folder, however you can override the security properties in multiple levels, as going specific to a file.
In this exercise, you are going to allow the end-user to print any content under IT Folder from a managed mobile device using Content Locker.
- Select Override.
- Check Allow Printing.
- Click Save.