Content Gateway Settings on Unified Access Gateway Appliance
The Content Gateway is already enabled and running based on the INI settings that you provided during the Unified Access Gateway deployment.
You could choose not to enable the Content Gateway via PowerShell, instead you could use the Unified Access Gateway administration console to add all the required configuration.
In this section you will learn how to access the Content Gateway Settings through the Unified Access Gateway administration console, which allows you to enable or change the current Content Gateway Settings.
1. Login to Unified Access Gateway administration console
- Click the New Tab button to open a new tab
- Browse to
https://uagmgt-int.airwlab.com:9443/adminor click on the UAG Internal Admin Console bookmark
adminfor the username
VMware1!for the password (created for the Admin API in Deploy OVF Wizard)
- Click Login
2. Accessing Configuration Settings
A successful login will redirect you to the following screen, as you will return to UAG later leave the window open.
3. Access the Content Gateway Settings
- Click SHOW for the Edge Service Settings, after you click it will switch to HIDE.
- Check that the Content Gateway Settings shows a GREEN light, which means the Unified Access Gateway Appliance and Workspace ONE UEM are able to communicate.
- NOTE: If it is not green, it takes a few minutes for the Unified Access Gateway appliance to retrieve the settings from Workspace ONE UEM and start the Content Gateway service. Wait several minutes and click the Refresh button again to see if it turns green before continuing.
- Click the Gear (edit) next to Content Gateway Settings to show the Content Gateway configuration.
4. Validating the Content Gateway Settings on Unified Access Gateway
The Content Gateway Settings is enabled based on the configuration previous defined by you on the INI file.
You can change the configuration anytime, or even not configure that on the INI file and later enable through the Unified Access Gateway administration console.
Every time you change and Save the new configuration, the changes will be applied to the configuration files and Content Gateway Service will restart automatically, meaning communication between devices and the service will be lost during that time.
Click Cancel to return to the Unified Access Gateway Admin Console.