Preparing VMware Tunnel INI Settings for Deployment
This section will cover the required INI settings to enable VMware Tunnel Edge Service during the Unified Access Gateway appliance deployment.
1. Configuring the General deployment settings
A INI file containing all the configuration settings required to deploy the Unified Access Gateway Appliance.
In this exercise you will use the uag-Tunnel.ini file and fill out the respective parameters for your deployment.
You will be deploying a new Unified Access Gateway Appliance called UAG-TUNNEL, that has two NICs where NIC one is set to internet facing and NIC two for Backend and management.
2. Open the UAG-TUNNEL.ini File for Editing
- Click the File Explorer icon from the task bar
- Click Desktop
- Click UAG Resources
- Right-click the uag-Tunnel.ini file
- Click Edit with Notepad++
3. General and Network Settings (1/2)
On the General section the settings are already filled out of you, which includes the settings related to the deployment location and network configuration of the Unified Access Gateway Appliance.
The SSLCert and SSLCertAdmin contain the information regarding the SSL Certificated for the Admin and Internet interfaces.
4. Configuring VMWare Tunnel Settings
Right below General Section, you will find the AirWatch section, which contain the required parameters to enable VMware Tunnel Edge Service on your Unified Access Gateway Appliance.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the AirWatch section.
- Enter Your VLP Email Address for the apiServerUsername. This was used to sign in to the Workspace ONE UEM console in earlier steps.
- Enter Your Group ID for the organizationGroupCode. This was value was shown to you in the Find you Group ID section in earlier steps.
- Enter the hostname assigned to you at the start of this lab (format:
pool##.airwlab.com) for airwatchServerHostname.
During the Unified Access Gateway Deployment, the PowerShell scripts will ask you to enter the password for the apiServerUsername, which is your VLP password