Windows 10 Windows Updates
You can create a Windows Updates profile to manage the Windows Updates settings for Windows Desktop devices. The profile ensure that all your devices are up-to-date, which improves device and network security.
Creating the Windows Updates Profile
- Back in the AirWatch console, click ADD
- Click Profile
General Profile Settings
- Enter "Windows Updates" into the Name field
- Select your "All Devices" smart group for the Assigned Groups
- Click Windows Updates
- Click Configure
- Select Administrator
- Select Current Branch For Business for the Update Branch
- Select 1 Month for Defer New Features
- Select 1 Week for Defer New Updates
The Current Branch is the Update Branch which all consumer devices grab updates from when released by Microsoft. The Current Branch for Business (CBB) releases these same updates ~4 Months after the CB; AirWatch has the ability to further defer new features and updates via the Windows Updates profile.
- Scroll down until the next configuration section is visible.
- Select Allowed for Peer-to-Peer Updates
- Type 10000 for Max upload bandwidth... this means the device will only transmit 10 MB of Microsoft Update data across its network connection at a time.
- Click Save & Publish
Benefits of Windows Updates with AirWatch
We have seen how AirWatch can streamline how updates are managed and delivered across your organization.
- Choose whether users can control OS updates on their own or enforce OS updates via subscription to Windows update sources
- Integrate with an existing Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) solution or the new Windows Update for Business service
- Control the deployment schedule based on the organization’s preferred approach or sensitivity to feature and security updates
- Define maintenance windows, such as the preferred day and time for installation, so updates don’t interfere with user productivity
- Support the new Windows Update Delivery Optimization feature for peer-to-peer delivery, so users receive updates and apps more quickly
Read more at: http://www.air-watch.com/solutions/windows/