Multi-Cloud Workflow - Creating Global Assignments
- This module contains product features that are currently under development.
- This overview of new technology represents no commitment from VMware to deliver these features in any generally available product.
- Features are subject to change, and must not be included in contracts, purchase orders, or sales agreements of any kind.
- Technical feasibility and market demand will affect final delivery.
- Pricing and packaging for any new technologies or features discussed or presented have not been determined.
Creating assignments across multiple Horizon 7 deployments is a simple workflow made available by Horizon Cloud MCW. Before you get into the lab and create your own global assignment, there are a few key concepts to be aware of.
Cloud Pod Architecture
CPA introduces the concept of a global entitlement (GE) through joining multiple pods together into a federation. This feature allows us to provide users and groups with a global entitlement contaning desktop pools from multiple different pods that are members of this federation construct.
Horizon 7 Pods
In this lab you will be working with three Horizon 7 pods.
- The first pod is deployed on VMware Cloud on AWS in Vancouver
- The second pod is deployed on-premises in Chennai
- The third pod is deployed on-premises in Bengaluru
These pods are part of a Cloud Pod Architecture federation, which is a requirement for multi-cloud workflows.