Packaging and Licensing
Packaging, Licensing, and Service Models
Horizon Cloud Service delivers virtual desktops and apps using a cloud platform that is scalable across multiple deployment options. Horizon Cloud Service is available in two subscription options:
- Per named user: For virtual environments with end users that require dedicated access to virtual machines throughout the day
- Per concurrent connection: For virtual environments with a high number of users who share machines throughout the day, such as students or shift workers
You can bring your own hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) or Microsoft Azure infrastructure, or purchase cloud-hosted infrastructure from VMware. For more information, see How to Buy and Packaging and Licensing guide.
Pricing information for Horizon Cloud
Horizon Cloud is based upon a monthly subscription model. The latest pricing information for Horizon Cloud user licenses and hosted infrastructure options can be found on the Horizon Cloud Product page. You can purchase Horizon Cloud directly from VMware or your preferred reseller. Please contact VMware Sales to learn more.
What is the Horizon Universal license?
The Horizon universal license provides a single subscription license for all Horizon products. The universal license entitles customers to:
- Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure
- Horizon Cloud on IBM Cloud
Horizon 7 Subscription
- Horizon 7 subscription on-premises
- Horizon 7 subscription on VMC on AWS
Note: Subscription SKU and the key is available for Horizon 7.4.1 and later only.