Prepare for Horizon Integration with Workspace ONE Access
Integrating Horizon with Workspace ONE Access enables you to sync desktop and application resources, along with entitlements (assignments) to these resources to Access.
An Access appliance (vidm-01.corp.local) has already been deployed and configured for integration with the Horizon-01.corp.local Connection Server.
In this lesson, you will integrate the Horizon-02 Connection Server with WS1 Access. VMware Horizon has already been installed on Horizon-02.corp.local.
In this section you will use the Horizon Console to verify desktop entitlements, which will be used for WS1 Access integration.
- From the Desktop of the Main Console, double-click Google Chrome
Navigate to Horizon Console
- Select Horizon from the bookmarks bar
- Select Horizon-02-AdminConsole
Login to Horizon Console
- User name: administrator
- Password: VMware1!
- Click Sign in
Navigate to Desktop Pool
- Select Desktops from the Inventory drop-down
Select the Desktop Pool
- Select Manual-Pool from the list of Desktop Pools
- Select Entitlements
- Verify the Domain Users group has been entitled to the Desktop Pool
Navigate to Machines
- Click the Machines tab
- Note there are currently no VMs in this pool
- Click ADD
Add VM to Desktop Pool
- Check the box to select base-w10-x64-01
- Click OK
Wait for the success message
Refresh Horizon Console
- Refresh the window
- Verify the VM is added to the pool
Leave the Horizon Console Open
Leave the VMware Horizon Console tab open in Chrome, as you will use it in the next lesson.