In this module you learned how simplified application management with App Volumes 4 works to streamline application lifecycle management. Using the new assignment types and markers, you created and assigned an Application Package. In addition to working with Packages, you uploaded a template and created a user writable volume to capture and persist app installations for users roaming between non-persistent desktops.
Congratulations on completing Module 8
If you are looking for additional information on VMware App Volumes, try one of these:
- The App Volumes 4 Installation and Upgrade Considerations guide outlines several options when upgrading to App Volumes 4, including co-existence with 2.x.
- The App Volumes Activity Path on Tech Zone provides a curated list of assets starting with App Volumes fundamentals and progressing to advanced topics.
Proceed to any module below which interests you most.
- Module 1 - Create a Desktop Pool - Instant Clones (30 minutes) (Basic) Guides you through the steps of creating an instant-clone desktop pool and testing.
- Module 2 - Create an RDSH Farm - Instant Clones (15 minutes) (Basic) Provision an RDSH Farm. Review the Farm settings. Configure RDSH Load Balancing
- Module 3 - Application Pools (15 minutes) (Basic) Create a RDSH Application Pool, create a VM Hosted Applications Pool, Testing end-user experiece
- Module 4 - Modern Management of Horizon Desktops (30 minutes) (Advanced) How how to use Workspace ONE UEM with VMware Horizon with Modern Management of Windows 10
- Module 5 - Integrate Horizon with Workspace ONE Access (60 minutes) (Basic) Integrate WS1 Access with Horizon to deliver a comprehensive catalog of apps and desktops.
- Module 6 - Single Sign-On with True SSO and Workspace ONE Access (15 minutes) (Basic) Consume Desktops and Apps with a Single Sign-on experience which integrates VMware Horizon, True SSO and WS1 Access.
- Module 7 - Dynamic Environment Manager (60 minutes) (Basic) Provide personalization to roam user settings between Windows sessions. Learn to optimize end user experience using Horizon Smart Policies.
- Module 8 - App Volumes (60 minutes) (Basic) Explore the new simplified application management workflows of App Volumes 4.
How to End Lab
- To end your lab click on the END button.