This module will guide you through the configuration of a Web Reverse Proxy instance to access an intranet website using device certificate as authentication method on the Unified Access Gateway.
This exercise provides steps to deploy the Unified Access Gateway Appliance with two NICs, configure multiple Web Reverse Proxy instance using HTTP and HTTPS, and securing with Device Certificate Authentication. All the configuration will be done through the Unified Access Gateway administration console.
This manual covers Unified Access Gateway 3.3 deployment and configuration in vSphere 6.5 U1.
All of the following pre-requisites are already installed for this Module, the following information is just for your reference.
To deploy Unified Access Gateway using PowerShell script, you must use specific versions of VMware products.
- vSphere ESX host and vCenter Appliance.
- PowerShell script runs on Windows 8.1 or later machines or Windows Server 2008 R2 or later.
- The Windows machine running the script must have VMware OVF Tool command installed.
- You must install OVF Tool 4.3 or later from https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ovf/
- Download a version of Unified Access Gateway virtual appliance image from VMWare. This is an OVA file e.g. .euc-access-point-3.3.X.X-XXXXXXXXXXX.ova. Refer to VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes to determine the version to download.
- Download the correct Unified Access Gateway PowerShell script, it's name uagdeploy-VERSION.ZIP file and extract the files into a folder on your Windows machine. The scripts are host here https://my.vmware.com
- You must select the vSphere data store and the network to use.
- CA Root and Intermediate certificate, and user certificate to configure Device Certificate Authentication