The Table of Contents can be accessed in the upper right-hand corner of the Lab Manual.
This lab is an Interactive Simulation lab. You will gain a better understanding of how to deploy and run VMware Horizon Cloud on IBM Cloud.
Lab Module List:
- Module 1 - Horizon Cloud on IBM Cloud Overview (15 Minutes) (Basic) Provides a brief introduction to Horizon Cloud on IBM Cloud Overview.
- Module 2 - Initial Tenant Setup (15 Minutes) (Basic) Walk through the setup
- Module 3 - Administration Console Overview (15 Minutes) (Basic)
- Module 4 - Publish a Desktop (15 Minutes) (Basic)
- Module 5 - Desktop Management (15 Minutes) (Basic)
- Module 6 - Management of an Application (30 Minutes) (Basic)
- Module 7 - Management of User Environment Settings (15 Minutes) (Basic) Learn more about using VMware Dynamic Environment Manager to dynamically deliver user persona and application settings in Horizon Cloud.
- Module 8 - Integration of Workspace ONE with Horizon Cloud (15 Minutes) (Basic) Walk through the integration of Workspace ONE with Horizon Cloud.
- Laurel Spadaro, Senior Technical Account Manager, US
This lab manual can be downloaded from the Hands-on Labs Document site found here:
This lab may be available in other languages. To set your language preference and have a localized manual deployed with your lab, you may utilize this document to help guide you through the process:
Location of the Main Console
- The area in the RED box contains the Main Console. The Lab Manual is on the tab to the Right of the Main Console.
- A particular lab may have additional consoles found on separate tabs in the upper left. You will be directed to open another specific console if needed.
- Your lab starts with 90 minutes on the timer. The lab can not be saved. All your work must be done during the lab session. But you can click the EXTEND to increase your time. If you are at a VMware event, you can extend your lab time twice, for up to 30 minutes. Each click gives you an additional 15 minutes. Outside of VMware events, you can extend your lab time up to 9 hours and 30 minutes. Each click gives you an additional hour.
Activation Prompt or Watermark
When you first start your lab, you may notice a watermark on the desktop indicating that Windows is not activated.
One of the major benefits of virtualization is that virtual machines can be moved and run on any platform. The Hands-on Labs utilizes this benefit and we are able to run the labs out of multiple datacenters. However, these datacenters may not have identical processors, which triggers a Microsoft activation check through the Internet.
Rest assured, VMware and the Hands-on Labs are in full compliance with Microsoft licensing requirements. The lab that you are using is a self-contained pod and does not have full access to the Internet, which is required for Windows to verify the activation. Without full access to the Internet, this automated process fails and you see this watermark.
This cosmetic issue has no effect on your lab.
Look at the lower right portion of the screen
Please check to see that your lab is finished all the startup routines and is ready for you to start. If you see anything other than "Ready", please wait a few minutes. If after 5 minutes your lab has not changed to "Ready", please ask for assistance.