This module Deploy and Configure an App Volumes Server continues exposure to additional Horizon Suite components that can enhance and simplify many of the challenges faced as a dekstop administrator. Extracting applications from the operating system can simplify many of the challenges faced using traditional application distribution and installation tools. App Volumes provides dynamic distribution of applications based on Active Directory group membership. This method provides efficiency and flexibility while allowing administrators to minimize the number of master images needed to satisfy use cases. This module will walk you through a non-production installation and post configuration of an App Volumes Manager Server.
VMware App Volumes POC/LAB Prerequisites
To successfully deploy an App Volumes Manager Server you will need the following:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or later server
- 2 CPUs
- 4 GB RAM
- 80-100 GB Hard Disk Space
- An App Volumes Manager Domain Account must have at least read and browse permission to the entire domain view memberships and items. This account cannot tolerate required password changes it must remain the same or App Volumes will not function.
- An Active Directory group for managing App Volumes
- Static IP Address
- Host Name DNS Resolvable FQDN (Short, Long, Reverse)
- Manager Server Joined to Domain with local administrator access
- vCenter for Desktops and an account with administrator permissions at the data center level
- App Volumes Installer ISO downloaded from myvmware.com