Published Application through RDSH
We will start with the application delivery preparation. The following steps will ensure we have an application installed on an RDSH Host, then create context around the application and user experience with the use of UEM (User Environment Manager).
Publish via RDSH
Launch Google Chrome Browser
- On the main console desktop, launch the Google Chrome shortcut located on the desktop.
Launch the Horizon 7 Administrator
To perform application pool deployment tasks, troubleshooting tasks, or manage JMP workflows, you must log in to Horizon Console.
- Click on the Horizon favorites bookmark bar at the top of the Chrome browser and Click on Horizon-01-NewAdminConsole.
- Enter administrator as the Username.
- Password is VMware1!
- Click on Sign In
The Horizon Console
The Horizon Console is the newest HTML5 based web interface to manage Horizon 7 Environments. Horizon console is used to create and manage virtual desktops and published desktops and applications. Horizon Console also integrates VMware Horizon Just-in-Time Management Platform (JMP) Integrated Workflow features for managing workspaces.
Looking at the Applications Tab we can immediately gain a summary view of the Application Pools. All the applications available in this view is what we can group and publish to our users without the need for a full desktop. We can also publish the pools through VMware Identity manager in order to become part of the published catalog in Workspace One and presented on any endpoint as defined within VMware Identity Manager or within VMware Workspace One UEM.
- Click on Inventory if not already expanded
- Click Applications
- Click Add then select Add from Installed Applications
Add Application Pool
On entry, the correct RDS Farm is selected (RDSH-01). We will select an installed application then create a category for Jim to group all the medical Applications in a folder and add this to the Start and desktop when connecting. We will also in the same step assign the user (Jim Jones) to the application by adding the HOL Healthcare group.
- Click and select MicroDicom
- Select the slider and scroll down on the screen.
- Click browse under the Category Folder
- Click - Select a category folder from the folder list
- In the category folder section type "HOL Healthcare Apps"
- Click and select StartMenu/Launcher
- Click and select Desktop
- Click Submit
Make sure you understand the different Multi-Session Mode setting depending on your use case.
- Click Next
- Click Add
Find User or Group
- In the Name/User name section type HOL
- Click Find
- Select the HOL Healthcare group
- Click OK
- Click select, making sure HOL Healthcare/corp.local is selected
- Click OK
Within Google Chrome Browser
- Open a new Tab
Horizon HTML login
- Click VMware Horizon in the Chrome bookmarks bar
- Click VMware Horizon HTML Access
- Username: Jim
- Password: VMware1!
- Domain: CORP
- Click Login
- Click Yes