Confirm the aduser Certificate Has Installed
We have configured few device profiles for you to automatically install the user certificate you will need for this lab. In this section, we are going to validate if that user certificate is installed on your Windows 10 device or not before proceeding.
1. Check the Device Details for the Certificate Profile Status
In the Workspace ONE UEM Console,
- Click Devices.
- Click List View.
- Click the device link for the enrolled device.
1.1. Install the Win10 - User Cert Profile (IF NEEDED)
- Click the Profiles tab.
- Mouse over the status of the Win10 - User Cert profile.
- If the status shows as Install Failed, follow the below steps to install it.
- If the status shows as Pending Information, refresh the page and re-check the status.
- If the status is a green checkmark, continue to the Check the aduser Certificate on the Windows 10 Device step.
- Select the Win10 - User Cert
- Click Install.
1.2. Confirm the Install Action (IF NEEDED)
Click OK to confirm the Install action.
1.3. Ensure the Win10 - User Cert Profile Installs (IF NEEDED)
If you needed to install the Win10 - User Cert profile, follow these steps. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Click Refresh.
- Check the status of the Win10 - User Cert profile, it should update about every 1-2 minutes. If the Status is not a green checkmark, refresh until the install completes.
NOTE - Mouse over the icon in the Status column to see the current status. If you see the Yellow Warning sign respond with "Install Failed", select the Win10 - User Cert and click Install again to restart the install process.
2. Check the aduser Certificate on the Windows 10 Device
- Click the Windows button.
user certificatesand the Search bar will populate.
- Click the Manage user certificates option.
2.1. Allow the Microsoft Management Console to make changes
Click Yes when asked if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device.
2.2. Confirm the aduser Certificate Has Installed
- Click the Personal folder to expand it.
- Click the Certificates folder.
- Check if the aduser certificate exists.
- If the aduser certificate does NOT exist, wait a minute or two and click the Refresh button to check again. Continue to refresh until you see that the aduser certificate exists.
Do not continue to the next step until you've confirm that the aduser certificate has been installed.
NOTE - Due to lab scalability and limitations, the aduser certificate may take a few minutes to download from the CA.