Configuring a Device Profile for Windows 10
Profiles allow you to modify how the enrolled devices behave. This exercise helps you to configure and deploy a restrictions profile that we can verify has applied to the device later in the section.
1. Add a Profile
In the upper-right corner of Workspace ONE UEM Console:
- Select Add.
- Select Profile.
1.1. Add a Windows Profile
Select the Windows icon.
Note: Make sure that you select Windows and not Windows Rugged.
1.2. Add a Windows Desktop Profile
Select Windows Desktop.
1.3. Select Context - Device Profile
Select Device Profile.
1.4. Define the General Settings
- Select General if it is not already selected.
- Enter a profile name such as
Windows Restrictionsin the Name text box.
- Copy the profile name into the Description field.
- Click in the Assigned Groups field. This will pop-up the list of created Assignment Groups. Select the All Devices Assignment Group.
Note: You may need to scroll down to view the Assigned Groups field.
Note: You do not need to click Save & Publish at this point. This interface allows you to move around to different payload configuration screens before saving.
1.5. Select the Restrictions Payload
Note: When initially setting a payload, a Configure button will show to reduce the risk of accidentally setting a payload configuration.
- Select the Restrictions payload in the Payload section on the left.
- Click the Configure button to continue setting the Restrictions payload.
1.6. Adding a Restriction - Disable Cortana
- Using the scroll bar on the right, scroll down to the Device Functionality section.
- Select Don't Allow for Cortana.
- Notice the 10 on the right side of the Restrictions window. These are all the restrictions that Workspace ONE UEM can apply to a Windows 10 computer.
- Click Save & Publish.
2. Navigate to Profiles List View
- Select Devices.
- Select Profiles & Resources.
- Select Profiles.
3. Verify the Restrictions Profile Now Exists
You should now see your Restrictions Profile within the List View of the Devices Profiles window.
Note: If you need to edit the Restrictions Profile, this is where you would do so. To edit the profile, click the profile name, then select Add Version. Update the profile and click Save & Publish to push the new settings to the assigned devices.