Pushing and Approving public app in COPE mode
This section is designed to walk you through the process of approving applications for integration between Workspace ONE UEM and Android Enterprise. Applications that you push through the integration of Workspace ONE UEM and Android Enterprise have the same functionality as their counterparts from the Google Play Store. However, you can use Workspace ONE UEM features to add functionality and security to these applications.
- To add convenience of use, configure the Send Application Configuration option. Application configurations allow you to pre-configure supported key-value pairs and to push them down to devices along with the application. Examples of supported values may include usernames, passwords, and VPN settings. Support values depends upon the application.
- To add secure features, use Workspace ONE UEM profiles for Android Enterprise. Profiles allow you to set passcodes, apply restrictions, and use certificates for authentication.
1. Add Public Application
In the Workspace ONE UEM Console,
- Select Add.
- Select Public Application.
1.1. Search for Public Application
- Select Android from the Platform drop-down menu.
- Select Search App Store for the Source.
Boxerin the Name text box.
- Click Next.
1.2. Select the Boxer - Workspace ONE App
Click the BOXER app.
1.3. Approve Boxer - Workspace ONE (IF NEEDED)
1.4. Confirm Approval for Boxer - Workspace ONE (IF NEEDED)
- You may need to scroll down to view the Approve button.
- Click Approve.
Click Approve again in the Application pop-up window.
Note: Scroll down if you do not see the pop-up window.
1.5. Click Save (IF NEEDED)
- You may need to scroll down to view the Approval Settings button.
- Select Keep approved when app requests new permission.
- Click Save.
2. Publish Public App
Click Save & Assign.
2.1. Add Assignment
Click Add Assignment.
2.2. Configure Assignment
- Click in the Selected Assignment Groups search box. This will pop-up the list of created Assignment Groups. Enter
All Devicesand select the All Devices ([email protected]) Group.
- Select Auto for the App Delivery Method.
- Click Add.
2.3. Save and Publish Boxer - Workspace ONE App
Click Save & Publish.
2.4. Preview Assigned Devices and Publish