Un-enrolling Your Device
You are now going to un-enroll the iOS device from Workspace ONE UEM.
NOTE - The term "Enterprise Wipe" does not mean reset or completely wipe your device. This only removes the MDM Profiles, Policies, and content which the AirWatch MDM Agent controls.
It will NOT remove the AirWatch Agent application from the device as this was downloaded manually before Workspace ONE UEM had control of the device.
1. Enterprise Wipe (un-enroll) your iOS device
Enterprise Wipe will remove all the settings and content that were pushed to the device when it was enrolled. It will not affect anything that was on the device prior to enrollment.
To Enterprise Wipe your device you will first bring up the Workspace ONE UEM Console in a web browser. You may need to re-authenticate with your credentials (VLP registered email address and
VMware1! as the password).
- Click Devices on the left column.
- Click List View.
- Click the checkbox next to the device you want to Enterprise Wipe.
NOTE - Your Device Friendly Name will very likely be different than what is shown. It will, however, be in the same location as shown on image in this step.
2. Find the Enterprise Wipe Option
- Click More Actions. NOTE - If you do not see this option, ensure you have a device selected by clicking the checkbox next to the device.
- Click Enterprise Wipe under Management.
3. Enter your security PIN
After selecting Enterprise Wipe, you will be prompted to enter your Security PIN which you set after your logged into the console (
- Scroll down until you see the option for entering Security PIN
1234for the Security PIN. You will not need to press enter or continue, the console will confirm your PIN showing "Successful" below the Security PIN input field to indicate that an Enterprise Wipe has been requested.
NOTE - If
1234does not work, then you provided a different Security PIN when you first logged into the Workspace ONE UEM Console. Use the value you specified for your Security PIN.
NOTE - If the Enterprise Wipe does not immediately occur, follow the below steps to force a device sync:
- On your device, open the AirWatch Agent application.
- Tap the Device section (under Status) in the middle of the screen.
- Tap Send Data near the top of the screen. If this does not make the device check in and immediately un-enroll, continue to Step #4.
- If the above doesn't make it immediately un-enroll, then tap Connectivity [Status] under Diagnostics.
- Tap Test Connectivity at the top of the screen.
NOTE - Depending upon Internet connectivity of the device and responsiveness of the lab infrastructure, this could take a couple of minutes or more if there is excessive traffic occurring within the Hands On Lab environment.
Feel free to continue to the "Force the Wipe" step to manually uninstall the Workspace ONE UEM services from the device if network connectivity is failing.
4. Verify the Un-Enrollment
Press the Home button on the device to go back to the home screen. The applications pushed through Workspace ONE UEM should have been removed from the device.
NOTE - The applications and settings pushed through Workspace ONE UEM should have been removed. The Agent will still be on the device because that was downloaded manually from the App Store. Due to lab environment settings, it may take some time for the signal to traverse through the various networks out and back to your device. Continue on to the next step to force the wipe if the needed.
5. Force the Wipe - IF NECESSARY
If your device did not wipe, follow these instructions to ensure the wipe is forced immediately. Start by opening the iOS Settings app.
- Tap General in the left column.
- Scroll down to view the Device Management option.
- Tap Device Manager at the bottom of the list of General settings.
6. Force the Wipe - IF NECESSARY
Tap the Device Manager profile that was pushed to the device.
7. Force the Wipe - IF NECESSARY
- Tap Remove Management on the Device Manager profile.
NOTE - If prompted for a device PIN, enter it to continue. VMware provisioned devices should not have a device PIN enabled.
- Tap Remove on the Remove Management prompt.
After removing the Device Manager profile, the device will be un-enrolled. Feel free to return to the Verify the Un-Enrollment step to confirm the successful un-enrollment of the device.