Configure Workspace ONE Web for Per-App VPN
Now that the VMware Tunnel client is assigned to the appropriate group, this section walks through adding an application that is enabled to use Per App Tunnel. After enabling the setting that allows an application to use VPN, you must select the VPN profile that the app should use. This requires that any application you would like to leverage Per App VPN is pushed to the device from the Workspace ONE UEM Console as a managed app. There is one exception to this, which is the Safari application on iOS. This is covered in detail in a later section of this lab.
This step will walk you through the process of adding an application from the Public App store that will be associated to the VPN profile you created.
1. Add Workspace ONE Web as a Public App
- Click Add
- Click Public Application
1.1. Search for the Application to Add
- Select Apple iOS from the Platform dropdown.
Workspace ONE Webin the Name field.
- Click Next
1.2. Select the Application From the Search Results
Click Select on the Workspace ONE Web application.
1.3. Save and Assign Workspace ONE Web
Click SAVE & ASSIGN
1.4. Add Assignment for Workspace ONE Web
Click + ADD ASSIGNMENT
1.5. Configure Workspace ONE Web Assignment Settings
- Click in the Selected Assignment Groups field. This will pop-up the list of created Assignment Groups. Start Typing
All Devicesand select the All Devices ([email protected]) Group.
- Select AUTO for the App Delivery Method.
1.6. Configure Policies for Workspace ONE Web
- Scroll down to find the Policies section.
- Select ENABLED for Remove On Unenroll
- Select ENABLED for App Tunneling
- Select the profile named Per-App VPN you created in the earlier section.
- Click ADD
1.7. Confirm Assignment and Save
- Confirm that the Assignment you just configured is displayed.
- Click SAVE & PUBLISH
1.8. Preview Assigned Devices and Publish