Publish VMware Tunnel as a Public App
In this section you will create a Per-App VPN profile and deploy an Application configured to use the VPN Tunnel on iOS.
1. Add the VMware Tunnel Client as a Public Application
In order to leverage the VPN profile, the VMware Tunnel client must be installed on your device. We can leverage Workspace ONE UEM to deploy the client as a managed application to the device.
This step will walk you through the process of adding the client application to the Workspace ONE UEM Console to automatically install on enrolled devices. Please note, while it is required that the VMware Tunnel client application is installed on any device using Per App Tunnel, it does not have to be a managed application.
Users can download the VMware Tunnel client from the App Store.
2. Add VMware Tunnel as a Public App
- Click Add
- Click Public Application
3. Search App Store for VMware Tunnel
- Select Apple iOS for the Platform.
VMware Tunnelfor the Name.
- Click NEXT
5. Save and Assign VMware Tunnel
Click SAVE & ASSIGN
6. Add Assignment for VMware Tunnel
Click + Add Assignment.
7. Configure VMware Tunnel Assignment Settings
- Click in the Selected Assignment Groups field. This will pop-up the list of created Assignment Groups. Start Typing
All Devicesand select the All Devices ([email protected]) Group.
- Select Auto for the App Delivery Method.
8. Configure Policies for VMware Tunnel
- Scroll down to find the Policies section.
- Select ENABLED for Remove On Unenroll.
- Click ADD
9. Confirm Assignment and Save
- Ensure the Assignment you created is displayed.
- Click SAVE & PUBLISH
10. Preview Assigned Devices and Publish