Note: It may take more than 90 minutes to complete this lab. You should expect to only finish 2-3 of the modules during your time. The modules are independent of each other so you can start at the beginning of any module and proceed from there. You can use the Table of Contents to access any module of your choosing.
The Table of Contents can be accessed in the upper right-hand corner of the Lab Manual.
Discover the latest features of Workspace ONE Intelligence which provides rich analytics from your deployments and applications while reducing the cumbersome administrative workload by automating tasks and OS updates and patches. Learn how you can interact with different business system without ever leaving VMware Boxer lab to maximize the productivity of your users.
Lab Module List:
- Module 1 - Introduction to Dashboards, Automation, and Reports (30 minutes) (Beginner) Explore the Workspace ONE Intelligence Console to view how Dashboards and Reports can provide customized inspection for your deployments at a glance. Configure Automation tasks and discover how to reduce your manual administrative workload.
- Module 2 - Mobile Flows (45 minutes) (Beginner) Wish there was an easier way to integrate the various components your workforce utilizes to increase productivity streamline simplicity? Explore Mobile Flows and learn how you can enable your apps and services to easily perform cross-application tasks without leaving your current app.
- Roger Deane, Sr. Manager, Technical Marketing, USA
- Andreano Lanusse, EUC Staff Architect, USA
- Chris Halstead, EUC Staff Architect, USA
- Shardul Navare, Sr. Technical Marketing Architect, USA
- Justin Sheets, Sr. Technical Marketing Architect, USA
Subject Matter Experts:
- Karim Chelouati, Sr. Technical Marketing Manager, USA
This lab manual can be downloaded from the Hands-on Labs Document site found here:
This lab may be available in other languages. To set your language preference and have a localized manual deployed with your lab, you may utilize this document to help guide you through the process:
Location of the Main Console
- The area in the RED box contains the Main Console. The Lab Manual is on the tab to the Right of the Main Console.
- A particular lab may have additional consoles found on separate tabs in the upper left. You will be directed to open another specific console if needed.
- Your lab starts with 90 minutes on the timer. The lab can not be saved. All your work must be done during the lab session. But you can click the EXTEND to increase your time. If you are at a VMware event, you can extend your lab time twice, for up to 30 minutes. Each click gives you an additional 15 minutes. Outside of VMware events, you can extend your lab time up to 9 hours and 30 minutes. Each click gives you an additional hour.
Alternate Methods of Keyboard Data Entry
During this module, you will input text into the Main Console. Besides directly typing it in, there are two very helpful methods of entering data which make it easier to enter complex data.
Click and Drag Lab Manual Content Into Console Active Window
You can also click and drag text and Command Line Interface (CLI) commands directly from the Lab Manual into the active window in the Main Console.
Accessing the Online International Keyboard
You can also use the Online International Keyboard found in the Main Console.
- Click on the Keyboard Icon found on the Windows Quick Launch Task Bar.
Click once in active console window
In this example, you will use the Online Keyboard to enter the "@" sign used in email addresses. The "@" sign is Shift-2 on US keyboard layouts.
- Click once in the active console window.
- Click on the Shift key.
Activation Prompt or Watermark
When you first start your lab, you may notice a watermark on the desktop indicating that Windows is not activated.
One of the major benefits of virtualization is that virtual machines can be moved and run on any platform. The Hands-on Labs utilizes this benefit and we are able to run the labs out of multiple datacenters. However, these datacenters may not have identical processors, which triggers a Microsoft activation check through the Internet.
Rest assured, VMware and the Hands-on Labs are in full compliance with Microsoft licensing requirements. The lab that you are using is a self-contained pod and does not have full access to the Internet, which is required for Windows to verify the activation. Without full access to the Internet, this automated process fails and you see this watermark.
This cosmetic issue has no effect on your lab.
Look at the lower right portion of the screen
Please check to see that your lab is finished all the startup routines and is ready for you to start. If you see anything other than "Ready", please wait a few minutes. If after 5 minutes you lab has not changed to "Ready", please ask for assistance.