Exercise D2: Exploring RD Session Host Power Management
Horizon Cloud Service provides power management capabilities for the Microsoft Azure servers, automatically powering hosts on and off and deallocating them as needed. You can see the results of setting up the farm that you just created by returning to Microsoft Azure.
1. Verify in Microsoft Azure
- Return to the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Review the hosts that the farm automatically creates there.
2. Automatic Shutdown or Deallocation
You can set up automatic shutdown or deallocation of unused servers.
- From the navigation bar, select Virtual machines.
- View the status showing each subscription as running or automatically deallocated.
3. Automatic Creation of Resource Groups
Horizon Cloud Service streamlines administration tasks, such as the automatic creation of resource groups, which contain all farm-related components.
- From the navigation bar, select Resource groups.
- Click Overview to view resource group details.
4. Automatic Definition of Network Security Group Rules
Network security group rules are automatically defined.
- From the navigation bar, select More services.
- Select Network security groups.
- Select a group to view the security rules.
For more information, see VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure Administration Guide, and search the guide for Applications in Your Horizon Cloud Inventory.
After you finish reviewing RDS host power management, proceed to the next exercise to add applications from the farm.