AirWatch Cloud Connector Setup
This chapter will walk through the setup of the AirWatch Cloud Connector and connection to Active Directory for use as a single point of authentication.
1. Access the AirWatch Console from the ACC Server
You will now install the AirWatch Cloud Connector onto the ACC Server in the lab. The AirWatch Cloud Connector allows users and administrators to authenticate to AirWatch using their Active Directory accounts. The ACC will also allow us to connect to your internal Certificate Authority and retrieve certificates to issue to your mobile devices for use with authentication. Certificate authentication allows your users to authenticate to services without the need to remember user names and passwords.
1.1. Connect to the ACC Server
1.2. Launch Internet Explorer
1.3. Authenticate to the AirWatch Administration Console from the ACC Server
- Navigate to "https://hol.awmdm.com" which will display the login page shown above.
- Enter your Username. This is your email address that is associated with your VMware Learning Platform (VLP) account.
- Enter "VMware1!" for the Password field.
- Click Login.
NOTE - If you see a Captcha, please be aware that it is case sensitive!
NOTE - Due to lab restrictions, you may need to wait here for a minute or so while the Hands On Lab contacts the AirWatch Hands On Labs server.
1.4. Accept the End User License Agreement
NOTE - The following steps of logging into the Administration Console will only need to be done during the initial login to the console.
1.5. Address the Initial Security Settings
- You may need to scroll down to see the Password Recovery Questions and Security PIN sections.
- Select a question from the Password Recovery Question drop-down (default selected question is ok here).
- Enter "VMware1!" in the Password Recovery Answer field.
- Enter "VMware1!" in the Confirm Password Recovery Answer field.
- Enter "1234" in the Security PIN field.
- Enter "1234" in the Confirm Security PIN field.
- Click the Save button when finished.
2. Enabling and Downloading the AirWatch Cloud Connector
You will now enable and download the AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC).
2.1. Accessing the Settings
2.2. Overriding the Enterprise Integration Services
You will now be presented with the Settings pop-up screen.
Because you will be using AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC), Enterprise Integration Services must be overridden at the Organization Group level and disabled.
- Click on System in the top of the left-hand menu to expand it.
- Click on Enterprise Integration under System in the left-hand menu to expand it.
- Click on Enterprise Integration Services to select it.
- Ensure Current Setting is set to Override.
- Click on the Save button.
NOTE - Do not click on the “Enable Enterprise Integration Service” check box.
2.3. Enabling and Saving ACC Settings
- Click on Cloud Connector under System/Enterprise Integration in the left-hand menu.
- You may need to scroll down to view all configuration options.
- Click to ensure the Override radio button setting is selected for Current Setting.
- Check the Enable Cloud Connector check box.
- You will now see the Enable Auto Update check box, which is auto selected.
- Click the Save button.
2.4. Confirm ACC Settings Saved
2.5. Downloading Cloud Connector Installer
2.6. Setting the ACC Certificate Password
In order to download the ACC Installer, you need to enter a password for the ACC Certificate.
- Type "VMware1!" in the Certificate Password box.
- Type "VMware1!" again in the Confirm Password box.
- Click the Download button.
NOTE - This password can be anything you want. Please note you will need to enter it again during the installation of the application.