Create an iOS Profile with a Credential Payload
We will now walk through the creation of an iOS Profile for a Credential Payload which will deliver a unique enterprise certificate to the device. Please be sure you are logged into the AirWatch web console before continuing.
1. Navigate to the Devices Profile List View
- Click Devices.
- Expand Profiles & Resources.
- Click on the Profiles option under Profiles & Resources.
- Click on the Add dropdown.
- Click Add Profile.
2. Add an iOS Profile
You will now be presented with the Add Profile screen. Here you would select the operating system type of your device.
For this lab, select Apple iOS.
3. Configure the iOS Restriction Profile
After clicking on the iOS icon, you will be presented with the Add a New Apple iOS Profile. All profiles are broken down into two basic sections, the General section and the Payload section.
The General section has information about the Profile, its name and granular filters to determine which devices will receive the configurations in the profile.
The Payload sections define actions to be taken on the device.
Every Profile must have all required fields in the General section properly filled out and at least one payload configured.
NOTE - In most cases, it is recommended a Profile contain only one Payload.
4. Define the General Settings for the Profile
Configure the profile as follows:
- Click General.
- Enter "iOS Certificate" for the Name.
- Click in the Assigned Smart Groups field to view a list of available groups.
- Click All Devices ([email protected]) from the list.
NOTE - You do not need to click SAVE or SAVE AND PUBLISH at this point. This interface allows you to move around to different payload configuration screens before saving.
Continue to the next step in the lab manual to continue configuring this profile.
5. Select the Credentials Payload
NOTE - When initially setting a payload, a Configure button will show to reduce the risk of accidentally setting a payload configuration.
- Click on the Credentials payload.
- Click the Configure button to continue setting the Restrictions payload.
6. Configure the Credentials Payload
- Select Defined Certificate Authority for the Credential Source.
- Select CONTROLCENTER-CA for the Certificate Authority.
- Select the Certificate Template named after your VLP email address.
- Click Save & Publish.
7. Publish the Profile
After clicking on Save & Publish you will be presented with the Device Assignment screen. Click Publish.
Typically you would see the devices that your profile would be assigned to here. This allows you to verify the filters you applied on the general tab are applied correctly before pushing the profile to devices. If you haven't enrolled a device, you won't see any devices here.
8. Verify the Certificate Profile Now Exists
You should now see your Restrictions Profile, named "iOS Certificate", within the List View of the Devices Profiles window.
NOTE - If you want to make changes to the profile, this is where you would do so. To edit a profile, click on the profile name and select Add Version, make your changes and then select Save & Publish.