AirWatch Cloud Connector Setup
This chapter will walk through the setup of the AirWatch Cloud Connector and connection to Active Directory for use as a single point of authentication.
1. Access the AirWatch Console from the ACC Server
You will now install the AirWatch Cloud Connector onto the ACC Server in the lab. The AirWatch Cloud Connector allows users and administrators to authenticate to AirWatch using their Active Directory accounts. The ACC will also allow us to connect to your internal Certificate Authority and retrieve certificates to issue to your mobile devices for use with authentication. Certificate authentication allows your users to authenticate to services without the need to remember user names and passwords.
1.1. Connect to the ACC Server
1.2. Authenticate to the AirWatch Administration Console from the ACC Server
Now that you are remotely connected, open Internet Explorer on the ACC Server. Navigate to https://hol.awmdm.com which will display the login page shown above. If you see a "Captcha", please be aware that it is case sensitive!
- Enter your Username. This is your email address that is associated with your VMware Learning Platform (VLP) account.
- Enter the Password for the user which is "VMware1!".
- Click the Login button.
NOTE: Due to lab restrictions, you may need to wait here for a minute or so while the Hands On Lab contacts the AirWatch Hands On Labs server.
2. Enabling and Downloading the AirWatch Cloud Connector
You will now enable and download the AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC).
2.1. Accessing the Settings
2.2. Overriding the Enterprise Integration Services
You will now be presented with the “Settings” pop-up screen.
Because you will be using AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC), Enterprise Integration Services must be overridden at the Organization Group level and disabled.
- Click on "System" in the top of the left-hand menu to expand it.
- Click on "Enterprise Integration" under "System" in the left-hand menu to expand it.
- Click on “Enterprise Integration Services” to select it.
- Ensure "Current Setting" is set to “Override”.
- Click on the “Save” button.
NOTE: Do not click on the “Enable Enterprise Integration Service” check box.
2.3. Enabling and Saving ACC Settings
- Click on “Cloud Connector” under "System/Enterprise Integration" in the left-hand menu.
- Click to ensure the “Override” setting is selected for "Current Setting".
- Check the "Enable Cloud Connector" check box. You will now see the "Enable Auto Update" check box.
- Check the "Enable Auto Update" check box.
- Click the “Save” button.
2.4. Confirm ACC Settings Saved
2.5. Downloading Cloud Connector Installer
2.6. Setting the ACC Certificate Password
In order to download the ACC Installer, you need to enter a password for the ACC Certificate.
- Type a password in the "Certificate Password" box (i.e. "VMware1!").
- Type the password again in the "Confirm Password" box (i.e. "VMware1!").
- Click the "Download" button.
NOTE: This password can be anything you want. Please note you will need to enter it again during the installation of the application.